This selection of nine very different mailboxes shows you a view of the world as seen by a U.S. Postal Worker!
This page is an homage to those workers — some of whom are my family members (full disclosure!) — and to the MIRACLE that is the daily delivery of mail, right to our doorsteps, for far less than a dollar. How in the world do they do it?
My brother is a rural mail carrier for the P.O., so he’ll especially appreciate these last few photos!
Thanks to the generous photographers on Flickr who allowed me to use these photos free of charge.
Here are their flickr handles, in order from top to bottom, left to right. Visit flickr.com to view their photo streams and thousands of other images.
- kurtmckee (black wrought iron) www.flickr.com/x/t/0096009/photos/kurtmckee/1410529076/
- tnkntx (scarey monster) www.flickr.com/x/t/0099009/photos/tnkntx/5861836067/
- silverback (Garfield the cat) www.flickr.com/x/t/0096009/photos/silverback40/14636911528/
- NOO (red flag) www.flickr.com/x/t/0093009/photos/[email protected]/5298151724/
- anaulin (lighthouse) www.flickr.com/x/t/0092009/photos/anaulin/6855008/
- alismith44 (rusty) www.flickr.com/x/t/0093009/photos/alismith44/4392615064/
- polmuadi (bright green) www.flickr.com/x/t/0093009/photos/polmuadi/102260218/
- skutchb (cows) www.flickr.com/x/t/0098009/photos/skutchb/4683616846/